Intro: Michael Monteiro the CEO and co-founder of Buildium & his team put together a survey of over 1,000 property management companies. Buildium is one of the simplest and most intuitive tools available to residential property managers. Get a copy of the report and follow along with us as we dig through it:
Scroll to the end of this post to find links to the various resources that were mentioned.
Insights you will gain (grab a pen & paper and take notes!):
- Get to know Michael and hear what motivated him to start Buildium 11 years ago.
- Pricing your property management services & why you want to avoid pricing low if you want to grow.
- Getting very clear on your ICP (Ideal Customer Profile), what sort of clients & properties you want to take on… and how that affects whether or not you get noticed.
- Firing clients as a strategy for growth.
- How knowing the biggest pain points of your target market (property owners) helps you target them effectively and provide the right services.
- The importance of accuracy (doing what you say) availability (being available) & communication as a way to stand out in your market.
- The best ways to get leads & grow your business, including diversifying your methods & marketing channels.
- Why property managers fail with internet-based leads, even though they do well with word of mouth leads.
- Hiring good people is one of the biggest challenges for property management business owners.
- Controlling vs. inspiring your team.
- Financial incentives don’t work to inspire better performance from your team.
- The importance of clarity on your values, systems, processes, & purpose so your team stays aligned with your vision.
- 4 steps to creating a healthy organization.
- Financial incentives aren’t effective at motivating your team.
- & more!
All links open in a new window…
- Software: Buildium 14-Day Free Trial
- Free Report: “The State of the Property Management Industry 2015” by Buildium
- Video: “4 Steps to Escape the Property Management Cycle of Suck” by DoorGrow
- Book: “The E-Myth Revisited” (on Amazon)
- Book: “The Advantage” (on Amazon)
- See Future episodes of the #DoorGrowShow: Follow Jason Blab (click link, then click Follow)
4 Ways We Can Help You Get More Clients, More Freedom & More Money
1. Get the 95-minute DoorGrow CODE™ Training
Just reply with the word "CODE" in the subject line & we will send it to you.
4x a year, we run a 2-day intensive in Austin, TX, with a small group of savvy PM business owners. We deep dive into each business. You will gain insights into your business, get clarity, and walk away with a solid strategic plan.
The next dates are November 8-9. Learn more here.